Please plan on attending the 59th Annual Chiefland Watermelon Festival to be held in historic downtown Chiefland, FL on Saturday, June 1, 2013. This will be a wonderful day of family, fun and fanfare. We will have scores of vendors offering crafts, food and information. There will be a parade featuring businesses, organizations and even Watermelon Pageant winners from our local tri-county community of Levy, Gilchrist and Dixie counties.
Chiefland Watermelon Festival
Schedule of Events
May 31, 2014
· Watermelon Festival Pageants 10:00 Chiefland Elementary School
June 7, 2014
· 7:00-9:00 Watermelon Auction Weigh-in
· 8:00 Vendor Booths Open
· 9:00 Presentation of the Flag
· 9:00-10:00 Local Talent
· 10:00-10:45 Houston Keene
· 11:00-12:00 Parade
· 12:00-12:15 Introduction of Visiting Royalty and Local Contestants
· 12:15-12:45 Watermelon Auction
· 12:45-1:00 Announcement of the 60th Annual Watermelon Queen.
· 1:00 = Watermelon eating and seed spitting contest.
All Events are scheduled to take place at the Chiefland Train Depot
In addition to the exhibitors, parade and pageant events, the festival also hosts a watermelon contest, free watermelon stations, and numerous other attractions.