Please plan on attending the 59th Annual Chiefland Watermelon Festival to be held in historic downtown Chiefland, FL on Saturday, June 1, 2013. This will be a wonderful day of family, fun and fanfare. We will have scores of vendors offering crafts, food and information. There will be a parade featuring businesses, organizations and even Watermelon Pageant winners from our local tri-county community of Levy, Gilchrist and Dixie counties.
Chiefland Watermelon Festival
Schedule of Events
May 25, 2013
- Watermelon Festival Pageants 10:00 Chiefland Elementary School
June 1, 2013
- 7:00-9:00 Watermelon Auction Weigh-in
- 8:00 Vendor Booths Open
- 9:00 Presentation of the Flag
- 9:00-10:00 Local Talent
- 10:00-10:45 Houston Keene
- 11:00-12:00 Parade
- 12:00-12:15 Introduction of Visiting Royalty and Local Contestants
- 12:15-12:45 Watermelon Auction
- 12:45-1:45 Seed Spitting and Watermelon Eating Contest
- 3:00 Announcement of the 59th Annual Watermelon Queen
All Events are scheduled to take place at the Chiefland Train Depot
In addition to the exhibitors, parade and pageant events, the festival also hosts a watermelon contest, free watermelon stations, and numerous other attractions.
In conjunction with our event, we are parterning with the Suwannee Valley Rotary for their first annual Tour de Melon, a cycling event for both the serious cyclist and the entire family. This event will feature tour trail routes on the paved Greenway Trail with opportunities to ride from 18 to 60 miles and a Century ride (100 miles) on a local highway route. You can visit the official Tour de Melon event site here. You can also register on Active.com.